Chemguard 3% X 6% AR-AFFF Foam Concentrate
Chemguard 3% x 6% AR-AFFF C363 is a specially formulated, aqueous film forming free flowing viscous foam concentrate. It forms a vapor suppressing aqueous film on hydrocarbon type fuels or a polymeric membrane on polar solvent/water miscible type fuels. It is intended for use at a proportioning rate of 3% (3 parts AR-AFFF concentrate to 97 parts water) on hydrocarbon fuels such as gasoline, kerosene, diesel etc. Chemguard 3% x 6% AR-AFFF is intended for use at a 6% proportioning rate (6 parts AR-AFFF concentrate to 94 parts water) on polar solvent/water miscible fuels such as alcohols, ketones, esters, etc.
- U. L. Listed, Foam Liquid Concentrates
- FM Approved
- Suitable For Use With Either Fresh or Salt Water
- Excellent Wetting Characteristics When Used in Combating Class “A” Fuel Fires
- Suitable For Use With Carbon Steel, Fiberglass, Polyethylene Or Stainless Steel. Chemguard 3% X 6%
- AR-AFFF is Not Compatible With Galvanized Pipe or Fittings in an Undiluted Form
- Suitable With Dry Chemical Extinguishing Agents
- Suitable For Use on Hydrocarbon or Polar Solvent Type Fuels
- Suitable For Use With Both Air-Aspirating Foam & Standard Water Fog Nozzles
- Fixed or Portable In-Line Eductors
- In-Line Balanced Pressures & Pump Pressure Proportioning Systems
- Around The Pump Proportioners
- Handline, Air-Aspirating Nozzles With Fixed Eductor Pickup Tube
- Foam Chambers
- Standard Water Fog Nozzles For Handlines & Monitors
- Air-Aspirating Foam Nozzles
- Foam Makers For Use With Either Floating Roof Storage Tanks or Dike/Bund Protection Systems
Aspirating type discharge devices typically generate expansion ratios between 6-10 to 1 when 3% x 6% AR-AFFF is mixed with water at the correct ratio. Non-aspirating type devices will typically generate expansion ratios of between 2-4 to 1. Expansion ratios are dictated by the type of discharge device, flow rate and discharge pressure.
Cannot be used in sub-surface applications with polar solvent type fuels.
Chemguard 3%-6% AR-AFFF is biodegradable, low in toxicity and can be treated in sewage treatment plants. Please refer to Chemguard Technical Bulletin regarding foam products and the environment.
If kept in the original unopened and airtight Chemguard supplied container and stored within the temperature range of 35°F to 120°F(2°C-49°C), a shelf life of between 20-25 years can be expected. If the AR-AFFF is to be stored in an atmospheric type foam concentrate storage tank, whether on mobile apparatus or stationary, limit the air space above the surface of the concentrate when possible and place a layer of quality mineral oil on the surface of the foam concentrate to minimize any effect from evaporation.